1. Tea is the second most widely consumed beverage in the world after water. Half of the world's population drinks it either hot or cold.
2. It is the most popular and cheapest beverage, next to water, in the world.
3. Everyday, more than 2 billion men and women drink their favorite beverage, tea.
4. 5 out of 6 North Americans drink tea
5. The average North American consumes one cup of tea per day.
6. Tea's consumption will continue to increase as health-conscious consumers choose tea for its medicinal benefits.
7. Tea is a rich source of antioxidants and flavonoids which are scientifically proven to aid in the prevention of heart disease and cancer.
8. The antioxidants in two cups of black tea are equivalent to the antioxidants in one glass of red wine, seven glasses of orange juice, or 20 glasses of apple juice.